This year, the ESF Managing Authority in the Department for Work and Pensions are looking to recognise the many different ways that ESF projects across England are making a positive difference to people’s lives by improving their skills and employability. Due to their popularity across Europe, they have therefore decided to launch their own ESF England Photo Competition.
The Managing Authority are on the lookout for photos that capture activities through which ESF projects are helping participants fulfil their potential, and that showcase what these projects are all about.
The winning entry will be featured on the front page of the 2018 ESF Case Study Booklet which will be published on GOV.UK and in other European Structural Investment Fund communications. Images will be accompanied by information about the activities and achievements of the project.
The Managing Authority also plan to feature other strong photos in ESF communications with a project description, and maybe even within the Case Study Booklet itself. Therefore even if your project doesn’t win, this is a great opportunity to publicise your project, as well as helping to capture the breadth and diversity of the ESF programme.
- send up to 3 photos by email to ESF.firstname.lastname@example.org by 6.00pm on Friday 14th September.
- the name of your ESF project
- the name of the funding recipient (If you are a delivery partner, rather than the applicant please mention this – and ensure you let the applicant know)
- the delivery location (e.g town/city)
- a one sentence description of what the image shows
- a brief summary of what your project does and who its main target groups are (no more than 50 words)
- contact details (name, email and telephone number) for further information.
- attach a completed consent form for every person visible in the image.
- ensure your photo is a JPEG with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi or a PNG with a minimum resolution of 192 dpi.
To enter you need to be an applicant or delivery partner in an England 2014-2020 ESF project that started before 1 June 2018. This includes all:
- projects funded directly by the ESF Managing Authority (in the Department for Work and Pensions)
- projects funded by the Big Lottery Fund (Building Better Opportunities) and the five London ESF CFOs
- ESF projects* funded by the following CFOs: Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS)
*Please note projects providing match funding for the ESFA, DWP and HMPPS CFOs are ineligible to apply.
Selection of winning photo:
The ESF Managing Authority (in DWP) will convene a small panel to review all photos submitted and select the winning photo. In September, they will notify the competition winner and organisations that have submitted strong photos that will be used in communications.
View the current ESF Case Study Booklet.