Join us for some stimulating talks from organisations sharing their journey to sustainability and inclusion.
As the call for more sustainable practices is spreading across the UK and more widely across the globe, the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Programme has invited leading Cornish businesses and organisations to share their experiences of implementing more sustainable social and environmental practices in the workplace. Come and join us to explore how these practices are leading to the developments of new sustainable and more efficient models? Find out about the benefits of a diverse and more inclusive workforce?
The ambition for this event is to present replicable working practices, provide practical tips and inspire Cornish project managers, manufacturers, business owners who want to be change makers, maximise their impact and make a positive difference.
Learning directly from business owners and projects leaders “who’ve walked the walk”, the event will feature projects and businesses funded through the European Structural and Investment Funds that are demonstrating exemplary delivery across the cross cutting themes*.
There will also be an opportunity to find out more about funded projects and initiatives that are available across Cornwall to businesses, organisations and individuals and help them adopt more sustainable and inclusive work practices.
The event will include a complimentary lunch with a vegetarian option, please let us know if you have any other food requirements.
Full programme and Guest Speakers to be confirmed shortly
Who is it for?
- Businesses and project managers in all levels and sector who would like to implement more sustainable practices into their business
- People who are looking to find out more about good practice models in field of sustainable development and inclusion
What can you expect out of this event?
- Opportunity to network with like-minded people
- Opportunity to find out about projects supporting Cornish businesses and individuals
- Insight/access to professionals and speakers already working within sustainability
- Inspiration through concrete examples of how to implement more sustainable practices
Date: 28th November 2019
Time: 9:300am – 1:00pm
Location: The Heartlands, Robinson’s Shaft, Dudnance Lane, Pool, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 3QY
* Explanatory note on Cross Cutting themes
The Cross Cutting Themes (CCTs) form integral and extremely important components in administering European funds. The CCTs are defined as:
- Sustainable Development
- Equal Opportunities and Non-discrimination.
These themes, together, consider the natural environment and the human environment in a holistic manner and are embedded from the initial design and development phase of a project, through to project delivery and beyond. Projects that are supported with EU funding are required to deliver good an best practices above legal baselines where possible.