The Growth Programme is supporting the shift to a low carbon economy by promoting renewable energy production and the development of low carbon technologies.
It is supporting sustainable economic growth by protecting and restoring biodiversity and soils, and promoting innovative technologies to improve environmental protection and resource efficiency. Investments are also being made into coastal protection and managing flood risk.
£20.5m European Funding Call – Shift to a Low Carbon Economy
Call title – Supporting the Shift Towards a Low Carbon Economy in all Sectors (Ref: OC05R18P 0899)
Call closes – 22 March 2019
Download the call specification – Read more
Up to £20.5 million is now available through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) for project proposals which support the development of a low carbon economy in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
The funding is part of the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Programme, the economic regeneration programme running from 2014-2020.
This call invites outline applications which support the delivery of Priority Axis 4 of the ERDF Operational Programme (Supporting the Shift Towards a Low Carbon Economy) and respond to the local development need set out in the Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly Integrated Territorial Investment Strategy which includes an objective to “invest in activities with growth potential that develop Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly as a ‘green and marine’ region”.
The call seeks proposals which contribute to one or more of the following ERDF investment priorities:
- Promoting the production and distribution of energy derived from renewable sources.
- Supporting energy efficiency, smart energy management and renewable energy use in public infrastructure, including in public buildings, and in the housing sector.
- Promoting low-carbon strategies for all types of territories, in particular for urban areas, including the promotion of sustainable multimodal urban mobility and mitigation-relevant adaptation measures.
- Promoting research and innovation in, and adoption of, low-carbon technologies.
Proposals should also demonstrate alignment with local development need and priorities, including how the project will stimulate the growth of the low carbon sector in the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly, including (where relevant) how the project will:
- support the growth of sectors/technologies where there is existing or potential comparative advantage for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly;
- address key low carbon challenges and opportunities for the area (eg energy storage, fuel poverty);
- support research, development, innovation and knowledge transfer in low-carbon technologies;
- show how the level of local demand and market failure will be addressed by proposed activities.
The Access to the Programme Team, funded by technical assistance, offer free specialist support for applicants and can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01872 323248.
More about how this team can help: www.cornwallislesofscillygrowthprogramme.org.uk/accessing-the-programme/.
There are no further calls at present
To find out about future funding calls, sign up to our free funding alert service.