This Research Development and Innovation project aims to increase the supply chain cluster in the Space and Aerospace sectors, create highly skilled jobs in Cornwall and launch new products into the marketplace.
The project is led by Cornwall Development Company and the activities will be delivered in partnership with the West of England Aerospace Forum (WEAF), who will act as CDC’s Delivery Partner.
The project will forge links with key academic institutions and businesses and represents a partnership between the public sector and private sector/industry, with direct links to Further and Higher Education.
AeroSpace Cornwall aims to increase activities in Aerospace, Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), and Space including upstream and downstream technologies. This can include, but not exclusive to, advanced engineering, data analysis and software companies.
The investments proposed are all aimed at supporting RD&I growth in Cornwall & IoS SMEs and attracting new non SME inward investment in the space and aerospace smart specialisation sectors. Activities that will be delivered through the project to achieve this aim include;
- Match funding for projects with capital purchases and salaries. Typical projects receive a maximum of £150,000
- Up to 20 days of fully funded supply chain competitiveness support
- A team of R&D Technology Managers offering mentoring and support for collaborative RD&I projects with 25% – 80% funding and fully funded innovation vouchers (£5,000).
These activities will support the expansion and enhancement of C&IoS’ existing high-value space/aerospace cluster and promote the RD&I opportunities in this sector to attract high-growth businesses to the area.
Investment & Outcomes
- ERDF – £3,197,481
- Cornwall Council – £346,019
- Cornwall & the Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership – £150,000
- Grant Beneficiaries – £1,285,000