Applicant – The Cornwall College Group
This project will improve awareness of, and increase engagement in, RD&I activities by the Agritech sector across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
The RD&I project activity will be business led and market driven. The delivery partners, all of whom have vast research and innovation skills and expertise, will support SMEs with RD&I activities to drive growth, productivity and exploit new market opportunities. This will be delivered in the main part through the use of existing infrastructure, but the partnership has identified a national gap in RD&I facilities specific to dairy research and seeks to plug this gap by developing a dairy systems research platform.
The following four core research themes have been selected;
- Animal health and welfare in dairy cattle (including a Dairy Systems Research Platform)
- Resource efficiency in the production process; maximising soil, water and nutrient use efficiency for sustainable crop and livestock production
- Improving the productivity of speciality crop production
- Utilising technology to drive agri-tech productivity and innovation
Visit the Cornwall Agritech website.
Investment & Outcomes
- ERDF – £7,689,702
- The Cornwall College Group – £309,891
- Plymouth University – £420,765
- Rothamsted Research – £242,344
- Cornwall Council – £608,688
- University of Exeter – £429,802
- Isles of Scilly – £15,000
- SME contribution (indicative) – £497,395