Based in Redruth, Cultivator is an innovative project that will provide tailored support to the Creative Industries, from pre-start individuals through to established SMEs. It will work alongside the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth Hub and generic business support provision to deliver bespoke and highly specialist coaching, mentoring and targeted investment needed to build capacity and maximise the growth potential of the Creative Industries. The ERDF project is directly aligned to the ESF Cultivator Skills project. and together the projects will provide an integrated programme of skills and business development support for the Creative Industries sector.
The Project Delivery Partners are: Plymouth University, Cornwall College, Business West and Real Ideas Organisation.
The project will employ 4 Creative Business Advisors who will represent a broad spectrum of knowledge across the Creative Industries sub sectors that will provide Development Needs Analysis assessments and advice to beneficiaries. To ensure that geography and rurality does not limit access to the programme, beneficiaries will be offered sessions at their business premises (including those on the Isles of Scilly).
The following support packages will be offered;
- Sector specific knowledge exchange & peer support programme
- Innovation Labs for Creative Industries businesses
- Bespoke support for creative graduate start-ups
- Bespoke Export Development programme
- Rolling programme of financial support through a business co-investment programme
For more information, visit the Cultivator website.
Find out more about businesses which have benefited from Cultivator in these short films:
Investment & Outcomes
- ERDF – £1,999,116
- Arts Council England – £345,935
- Cornwall Council – £34,403
- SME match (private) – £175,000