This project is led by SWMAS Ltd. and aims to support 464 manufacturing businesses (23 in CIoS) and create 352 additional jobs (18 in CIoS) in the Gloucestershire, Swindon & Wiltshire, West of England, Heart of the South West, Dorset and Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly areas over 36 months.
SWMAS will be providing a broad range of support services to improve the growth capacity of manufacturing businesses in the above 6 LEP areas in line with their local priorities. In particular it will offer:
- information, diagnostic and brokerage support to identify growth needs/ refer businesses to other relevant support services.
- free 12hr+ consultancy projects to support firms to grow.
- grant funding against small capital projects or small revenue projects both for an average value of £10k.
- workshops and seminars focussed on local growth priorities, with a view to provide businesses with the tools required to make improvements to their businesses (where possible, workshops to be organised in each LEP regions in collaboration with Growth Hubs).
LMAP will offer general advice, consultancy, workshops, and grants around four themes:
- Business Strategy – developing new models and implementing clear growth plans
- Operational Efficiency – Identifying and overcoming obstacles that limit business performance
- Innovation – Introducing new products, materials and processes to drive growth
- Supply Chains – Supporting companies to access new markets and to develop their supplier base
LMAP will also offer information, diagnostic and brokerage sessions will be distinct from those offered by other programmes or organisations, such as Growth Hubs. These sessions will be specific to the LMAP and tightly focussed on the four strands of LMAP Projects: Operational Efficiency, Innovation, Supply Chain, and Business Strategy. They will be manufacturing specific, conducted by manufacturing specialists, and focus on addressing how businesses can be supported by LMAP, alongside providing information and brokerage support.
For more information visit the Local Manufacturing Advisory Programme website.
This project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Investment & Outcomes
- ERDF – £124,932
- Private match – £156,165