St Austell Resilient Regeneration (StARR) aims to reduce flood risk to communities living and working in the St Austell Bay area, particularly in Par and St Blazey. It will deliver approximately 30 flood schemes within the Par River catchment to reduce flood risk and provide a catalyst for future economic growth.
The project aims to:
- Reduce the risk of flooding to 124 non-residential properties serving the communities of Par and St Blazey
- Improve the management and conservation status of 30 hectares habitat at Laveran Site of Special Scientific Interest, near Bugle
- Enhance existing assets to offer an improved level of flood protection from 1 in 5 years to 1 in 25 years. In some cases 1 in 100 years.
- Provide highway and drainage improvements
- Establish a more flood resilient community that is better able to adapt to climate change
Find out more about the StARR project.