Delivery organisation – Reed in Partnership
Project contact – Ed Atter | Edward.email@example.com | 07989 348303 |
Work Routes works with people across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to progress into long term, sustainable employment. Our team of advisers work closely and intensively with individuals to understand their needs and create an individual, holistic plan to tackle barriers to employment in all their forms. As part of the programme, individuals may choose to work with our Health & Wellbeing Advisers who can support with lifestyle advice, condition management tips and ensuring that people are accessing the appropriate services. Advisers will signpost their clients to a range of opportunities including training, work placements, digital literacy, housing support, money advice etc. Once individuals are ready to move into work we will support them with job search skills, interview preparation etc and submit them to exclusively sourced vacancies as well as publicly advertised roles. Once in work, we continue to offer support for up to 6 months.
This project is funded until November 2018
Participant eligibility – In order to be eligible for Work Routes individuals must meet the following criteria:
- All individuals must be legally resident and have the right to take paid employment in the UK.
- Must be aged 16 or over, there is no upper limit.
- To be eligible for the provision, individuals must be unemployed or inactive (aged 16+) AND fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Long term unemployed or inactive (26 weeks or longer)
- Basic skills need
- Have more than one barrier to employment. Barriers may include:
- A lone parent;
- An older worker (50+);
- An ex offender;
- Caring Responsibilities (including those returning to employment when caring responsibilities end);
- Have physical disability or health condition, including Sensory Impairments;
- Mental Health or Learning Disability
- Drug/Alcohol dependency;
- An ethnic minority;
- Have low or no qualifications;
- Language barrier (English not first language, etc).
Referral routes –
It is expected that referrals will come from a wide range of routes broken down into 3 key areas:
- Jobcentre Plus
- Other organisations (housing associations, community groups, training organisations, charities, CRC etc)
Direct engagement (advertising, jobs fairs etc).
Lizard Pathways – Contact – John Brydon 01209 615083
Delivering in the West Coast area from a range of locations including Helston, Penzance, St Ives, Hayle
Reed in Partnership – Contact – Ed Atter (Operations Manager) – 07989 348303.
Also delivering in the Coast to Coast area from offices in Falmouth, Redruth, St Austell and Truro. Go to www.workroutes.co.uk/cornwall – we will then ensure that the details are passed on to the relevant supply chain partner.
Pluss – Delivering in South East Cornwall.